We’re Hiring – Associate Producer
30 hours/week –Contract- SEPTEMBER 17, 2019 – JANUARY 31, 2020
Gwaandak Theatre is seeking interested and experienced candidates for the temporary position of Associate Producer. We are based in beautiful Whitehorse, Yukon, a small, vibrant northern city offering outstanding cultural and recreational opportunities.
This is an entry-level position, supported by Young Canada Works – an initiative of the Department of Canadian Heritage in support of the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy. This opportunity is a twenty-week contract position of 30 hours per week from September 17, 2019 to January 31, 2020. The position is open to students and recent graduates from a post-secondary institution (who have completed the school year at the start of employment), and who are between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
The successful candidate will demonstrate their enthusiasm and interest in gaining work experience in a theatre organization, and will ideally bring the following:
- Arts management, production and/or marketing qualifications or related training and experience
- Desired career experience in theatre, arts or not-for-profit sectors
- A commitment to working within the guiding vision of Gwaandak Theatre
- Interest in working with a small and multi-faceted team
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Some degree of computer literacy: proficiency with Microsoft software (Word and Excel) and Windows computing; Google Suite
- Proven ability to work positively and constructively with supervisors and colleagues
- Flexibility and adaptability to assist with new projects, challenges and technologies as they arise
- Willingness to take initiative and learn new things
- Some degree of financial management literacy and budgets an asset but not mandatory
- Valid driver’s license an asset but not mandatory.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume expressing your interest and qualifications by August 30, 2019 (midnight PST) to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject “Associate Producer”). For further information and full job posting, click here or call/email Gwaandak Theatre at email@example.com.