Indigenous and Northern Theatre Creators Lab – Call for Proposals
Deadline: October 21, 2018
Gwaandak Theatre’s Indigenous and Northern Theatre Creators Lab is a new development program for artists passionate about theatre storytelling and its range of possibilities.
The Creators Lab offers creators and creation teams at all stages of their process the opportunity to develop their artistic project to the next level.
We welcome Indigenous and Northern artists and artistic teams who want to test theatre’s definitions, boundaries and spaces, by incorporating music, dance, multi-media, performance art, visual art, and technology. Text-based projects are also welcomed.
Gwaandak Theatre will select 2-3 projects for the inaugural year, beginning January 2019.
Support and development plans will be tailored to each successful participant and their project needs but includes:
- Financial Resources
- Connection with other creators
Gwaandak Theatre encourages applications from people of all backgrounds, including those identifying as Indigenous and anyone from or based in the North.
Proposals will be assessed based on originality, articulated vision, and feasibility.
What to submit:
- A brief cover letter introducing you and your project and why you’re applying.
- A project description (max 4 pages double-spaced). Include a brief synopsis, development history if applicable, current stage of development, your vision for next steps, key questions and curiosities, and what you most need to realize your vision
- Resumes for all key project members
- A writing or creation sample from your proposed or previous work (up to 10 pages of text, 5 images, 5 minutes of audio/video) by attachment or link.
- Submit via email to Artistic Producer Siku Allooloo at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Patti at email@example.com if you have any questions
DEADLINE: All applications must be received by Sunday, October 21, 2018, midnight
The Creators Lab is managed by Gwaandak Theatre Artistic Director Patti Flather and Artistic Producer Siku Allooloo.
Successful applicants will be notified by email by December 3, 2018.
Gwaandak Theatre is dedicated to ensuring that Indigenous and Northern stories are developed and shared on Yukon, Canadian – and international – stages.
We look forward to receiving this year’s proposals!